- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced Hawaiian chiles or chile paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 large papaya, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 lettuce leaves
Sprinkle the cucumber with salt and let drain in a colander for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil, chiles, and ginger. Add the cucumber, papaya, and cilantro and toss. Line a serving platter or 4 individual plates with lettuce leaves, and top each with about 1/2 cup of salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.