Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds assorted small potatoes, such as fingerling, Yukon Gold or red Bliss, scrubbed
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the potatoes and squash in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and salt and pepper to coat well. Transfer vegetables, with your hands, to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer, keeping any leftover oil from the bowl. Roast the vegetables until tender, turning every 10 minutes with a long-handled spoon, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and add as much leftover oil to the vegetables as desired, and season to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse