Grilled Dungeness Crabs with Kicked Up Seasoned Butter
- 4 cooked Dungeness crabs, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, garnish
Preheat a grill to medium heat. Clean and crack the crabs, and break cleanly in half. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and simmer until fragrant and the garlic is soft, but not starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, except the green onions. Place the crabs on heavy aluminum foil. Bring the foil loosely up around the crabs, almost enclosing, but leaving open at the top.
Place on the grill and pour the seasoned butter over the crabs. Cook until the crabs are heated through and the edges begin to turn golden, about 15 minutes, basting with the butter several times. Remove from the grill and serve the crabs with the hot butter sauce and garnished with the green onions.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay