Grilled Lobster Tails with Tarragon-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 8 (6 to 8-ounce) frozen lobster tails, defrosted
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped, about 3/4 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Shortly before grilling the lobsters, in a non-reactive mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, 8 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, chives, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Lightly brush the lobster tails on the cut side with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place the tails, cut side down, on the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Rotate the tails 45 degrees and cook the tails for 3 minutes longer. Rotate the tails 45 degrees again so that the tails are now cut side-up and cook until lobster is just cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes longer. During these last few minutes, spoon some of the vinaigrette over the cut tail meat so that it drizzles down into the lobster shells.
Serve the lobster tails with more of the vinaigrette drizzled over the meat.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Lobster Tails with Green Curry-Mango Dipping Sauce, Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit and Tarragon Vinaigrette, Grilled Lobster Smothered in Basil Butter, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Lobster Tail Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Lobster Ravioli Recipes, Lobster Recipes