- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat and silver skin
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus a pinch
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnishing
- Cilantro Oil, for drizzling, recipe follows
Preheat a grill to high.
Rub the pork tenderloins all over with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, then sprinkle evenly with the chipotle chili powder, 2 teaspoons of the salt, the pepper, and the oregano. Rub the tenderloins well with the garlic and drizzle the lime juice over all. Allow the tenderloins to sit, refrigerated, for 45 minutes before cooking.
Brush the pineapple slices lightly with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until softened slightly and nicely marked by the grill, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and allow to cool to room temperature. Dice the pineapple slices (discard the tough core portions) and place in a medium non-reactive bowl. Add the red onion, remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, remaining pinch of salt, jalapeno peppers, red bell pepper, and chopped cilantro and stir to combine. Set aside while you grill the pork.
Place the tenderloins on the hottest part of the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Reduce the grill temperature to low and continue to cook, turning occasionally, until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 145 degrees F. Remove the tenderloins from the grill and allow to sit, loosely covered, for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Slice the tenderloins on the diagonal and serve with the grilled pineapple salsa and fresh cilantro sprigs. Drizzle with Cilantro Oil.