Grilled Razor Clams with Meyer Lemon-Chive Vinaigrette
- 48 razor clams, soaked and scrubbed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for tossing with clams, plus 1/2 cup for vinaigrette
- Juice of 3 Meyer lemons
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely diced yellow bell pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Place cleaned clams in a large bowl and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat generously. When grill is hot, arrange clams on grill and cook until shells open, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, chives and garlic together in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in remaining 1/2 cup olive oil until emulsified. Stir in peppers. Season vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
When clams have opened, arrange in their shells on a serving platter. Discard any that have not opened. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2005