Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 pound margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mocha or coffee or cappuccino powder mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water
- 18 ounces (1 1/2 12-ounce bags) chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon and put aside.
In mixer, beat margarine, sugars, chocolate syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beat until smooth, approximately 5 minutes. Add dry ingredients, coffee mixture, chocolate chips, and nuts and mix by hand with wooden spoon until mixed.
Drop on baking sheet by rounded teaspoons, about 2-inches apart, and bake for 12 to14 minutes. Cool and eat!
Recipe courtesy of Renee Cadran