Orange Cranberry Sauce
- 1 bag cranberries
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup ruby port wine
- 3/4 cup sugar, or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
In a small saucepan combine cranberries, orange zest and juice, port, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmering and cook until cranberries are tender, stirring occasionally. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Taste and add more sugar, if necessary. Fold in the toasted nuts when the sauce is thick. Cool. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.