- 1 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add a generous amount of salt to the water and then add the pasta. Cook the pasta, according to package directions, until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside; it will only take a few minutes to make the sauce.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute until fragrant and garlic is just beginning to turn golden; do not let garlic burn. Add pasta to skillet, and then add parsley and cheese. Toss together until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2004