Pasta with Duck Confit
- Up to 1/4 cup duck fat
- 2 tablespoons each finely-diced carrots, celery root, Shiitake mushrooms, onions and beets
- 2 cups chunky meat, pulled from duck confit
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 cup poultry stock
- 1/2 pound pasta sheets, freshly torn into pieces
- Salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. In a large saute pan heat 1 teaspoon of duck fat, add vegetables and duck confit and cook 4 minutes, tossing often. Add thyme and stock, bring to a boil and allow liquid to begin reducing. Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente, drain and add pasta directly to saute pan. Toss to combine, adding more duck fat for flavor, if desired. Season to taste; black pepper goes well with this dish. Top with freshly-grated cheese.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pick-a-Pepper Pasta (Bucatini with Hot and Sweet and Pickled Peppers Sauce), Whole-Grain Pasta with Chickpeas and Escarole, Pasta With Escarole and Chickpeas, Italian Meatball Recipes, Osso Buco Recipes, Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Colby, Creme Brulee Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.