Pasta with Duck Confit
- Up to 1/4 cup duck fat
- 2 tablespoons each finely-diced carrots, celery root, Shiitake mushrooms, onions and beets
- 2 cups chunky meat, pulled from duck confit
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 cup poultry stock
- 1/2 pound pasta sheets, freshly torn into pieces
- Salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. In a large saute pan heat 1 teaspoon of duck fat, add vegetables and duck confit and cook 4 minutes, tossing often. Add thyme and stock, bring to a boil and allow liquid to begin reducing. Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente, drain and add pasta directly to saute pan. Toss to combine, adding more duck fat for flavor, if desired. Season to taste; black pepper goes well with this dish. Top with freshly-grated cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.