Prosciutto And Mozzarella Panini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 1/2 -inch-thick slices ciabatta or other rustic Italian white bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6 ounces jarred roasted red peppers,drained and torn into 1-inch-wide pieces
Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl to blend.
Arrange the slices of bread on a flat work surface and spread the vinaigrette on one side of each slice. Divide the mozzarella equally among 4 of the bread slices. Top with the prosciutto and roasted red peppers, then place the remaining 4 slices of bread on top, vinaigrette-side down, to form 4 sandwiches.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook, pressing them occasionally with a large spatula or the bottom of a small heavy saucepan, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 4 minutes per side.
Photograph my Andrew Mccaul
Thank you! your flag was submitted.