Roasted Pencil Asparagus with Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds pencil asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, washed and stemmed
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, reserve lemon halves
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the kosher salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then transfer to a large baking sheet with sides. Drizzle the lemon juice over the asparagus, add the lemon halves to the pan, and place in the oven. Roast until the asparagus are tender and the tomatoes begin to caramelize, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell