Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 2 large (1 1/4 pounds) eggplant, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large (12 ounces) zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 medium (6 ounces) yellow squash, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped assorted fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon, dill, chervil, basil, cilantro, and parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 ounces goat's milk feta, crumbled (about 2 cups)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, to evenly coat.
Spread the vegetables in one layer in a large roasting pan, and roast in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow the vegetables to cool for 15 minutes.
Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and toss with the fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss with the cheese and serve.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen