Shrimp in a Coconut, Ginger, and Lemongrass Broth
- 1 quart shrimp or fish stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup julienned ginger
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, julienned
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)*
- 2 tablespoons Thai hot chile sauce (sriracha)*
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound small peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- *Available at specialty Asian markets.
Place all of the ingredients except shrimp, cilantro, and green onions in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Strain and return to the pot. Bring to a boil, add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are firm and pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and green onions, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.