Smoked Mackerel Salad with Creamy Horseradish Vinaigrette
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked mackerel, bones and skin removed, and coarsely flaked
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- Dark rye croutons, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, horseradish, garlic, oil, and vinegar until well blended. Add the green onions, parsley, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Fold in smoked mackerel. Adjust seasonings, to taste.
Place greens on plate. Top with smoked mackerel salad. Surround with rye croutons and serve.