Stir-Fried Pork and Broccoli with Cashews
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, silver skin removed
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces broccoli florets or Chinese broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- Steamed Rice, as accompaniment
- Green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, garnish
Using a sharp knife, slice the pork tenderloin into 1/4-inch thick slices across the grain. Cut each slice crosswise at 1/4-inch intervals so that you have long thin pieces of meat. Transfer pork to a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, the rice wine, and toss until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the cooking oil and, when hot, add the pork. Stir-fry until no longer pink, about 1 minute. Transfer the pork to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm. Add the onion and garlic to the wok and cook until slightly softened and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock and cook, stirring, until the broccoli is tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute, or until the sauce is thickened. Return the pork to the wok and add the cashews.
Toss to thoroughly combine and serve immediately with rice, garnished with the green onions.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Five-Spice Pork With Roasted Oranges and Broccoli, Pork Chops with Pineapple Gravy and Mexican Couscous, Brined Pork Chops with Soft Parmigiano Polenta, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Candied Walnut Recipes, Broccoli, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.