Trout-In-A-Pouch with Fresh Herbs and Garlic
- 6 small whole trout, about 1 pound each, cleaned and scaled
- 6 pieces aluminum foil about 16 by 16-inches
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lemons, sliced crosswise
- 12 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, divided
- 12 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 12 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 12 sprigs fresh mint, divided
- 12 sprigs fresh marjoram or oregano, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry white wine, divided
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Rinse fish well inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Place 1 fish in the center of each square of aluminum foil. Rub each fish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on both sides, then season the fish both inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavities of each fish with lemon slices, 2 cloves of the sliced garlic, and 2 sprigs each of the rosemary, parsley, mint, and marjoram. Fold all of the edges of the foil upwards to create a bowl-shape, then drizzle each fish with 2 tablespoons of the remaining olive oil and 3 tablespoons each of the white wine. Fold the top and side edges together tightly so that the fish is completely enclosed in an airtight package. (Fold the edges downward so that the fish is tightly contained.)
Place the pouches on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through and flakes easily when pierced with a fork.
Serve the fish immediately in shallow rimmed dinner plates or large shallow bowls, with the collected juices drizzled over the fish. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.