White Chocolate Macademia Nut Blondies
- 1/2 pound, plus 1 teaspoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and rough chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place 1/2 pound of the butter and the brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until a smooth batter is formed. While the machine is running, add the eggs and vanilla extract, until incorporated into the batter.
Sift together 3 cups flour and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter and mix on low speed until a dough is formed. Very gently, by turning the mixer on and then off, fold the chips and nuts into the dough.
Once the dough is all blended, grease a 9 by 9-inch baking pan with the remaining butter and dust with the 1 tablespoon of flour. Pour the batter into the pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set yet still moist.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002