- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 small cans diced green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Vegetable oil
- 1 package (6 tortillas) corn tortillas
- 1 package (2 cups) shredded Colby jack cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown the meat and onion together, drain. In a saucepan, cook the soup, chilies, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Add the browned meat and simmer on low heat. In a frying pan heat a little vegetable oil and heat the corn tortillas until they are warm but still soft. Place 4 of the warmed tortillas in the base of a casserole dish and top with 1/2 of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat the layers, starting with the final 2 tortillas, meat mixture and remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.