"Everything But The Kitchen Sink" Sundaes
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 6 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (recommended: Oreo)
- 6 crushed chocolate chip cookies
- 6 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/4 cups chopped pecans
Caramel sauce: Heat the sugar in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes. It will slowly turn golden brown. Carefully whisk in the whipping cream. Add butter and vanilla extract and cook for 1 more minute. Can be stored up to 2 weeks, if covered tightly and refrigerated.
Scoop ice cream into 4 ice cream sundae bowls. Top with the crushed cookies, chocolate chips, chopped pecans and caramel sauce.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys