Asian Noodles with Shrimp and Edamame
- 10 ounces soba ( buckwheat) noodles
- 1 10 -ounce package frozen shelled edamame
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1 -inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 1/2 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro and/or scallions
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs, adding the edamame during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the noodles and edamame.
Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the shrimp dry and season with salt; add to the pan and cook, turning, until just pink, 2 minutes. Add the Sriracha mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture, noodles and edamame, herbs and the reserved cooking water and toss. Divide among bowls and drizzle with more sesame oil.
Photograph by Christopher Testani
Thank you! your flag was submitted.