Cherry Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for ramekins
- 1/2 pound Bing cherries (about 30 cherries), pitted
- 3 tablespoons Kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Cocoa, for dusting
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter 6 (6-ounce) ramekins
Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the cherries and 1 tablespoon of the Kirsch, and cook until the fruit softens and glazes, about 7 minutes. Divide the cherries with their juices evenly among the prepared ramekins.
Bake the cheesecakes until the edges puff slightly and the centers almost set, about 25 minutes. Cool the cheesecakes on a rack in the ramekins. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
When ready to serve, run a small knife around the outside of the cheesecakes. Carefully invert each cheesecake onto a plate, then flip the cheesecakes over so the cherries are on the bottom. Lightly dust with cocoa.
Copyright © 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens