- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 15 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Mexican cheese blend
- Sliced radishes and chopped red onion, for topping
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the tortillas and cook, turning with tongs, until golden, about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, tomatillo salsa, 3/4 cup water and the cilantro; bring to a simmer and cook 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Spread half of the fried tortillas in an 8-inch-square baking dish. Top with about half of the chicken mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with the remaining tortillas, then the remaining chicken mixture and cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve topped with radishes, red onion and cilantro.
Per serving: Calories 821; Fat 49 g (Saturated 10 g); Cholesterol 128 mg; Sodium 975 mg; Carbohydrate 59 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 39 g
Photograph by Johnny Miller
Thank you! your flag was submitted.