Coffee Cashew Biscotti
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted cashews
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough in half and place on prepared baking sheet. Shape dough into two 11 by 2 inch logs, keeping 3 inches between logs. Brush each log with egg white and sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar over top and sides of each. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Cool biscotti for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer logs to a cutting board and, cut 1/2-inch thick slices using a sharp serrated knife. Lay on baking sheet and bake, turning half way though, for 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Total Fat: 4.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 9 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Sodium: 75 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Fiber: 0 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.