Croque Monsieur Pockets
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup deli-sliced ham, chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 11 -ounce tube refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 large egg
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Mix the gruyere, ham, mustard, nutmeg and cayenne in a bowl until combined. Squeeze the mixture together with your hands to make it compact.
Brush a baking sheet lightly with vegetable oil. On a floured surface, roll out the dough and fill the dinner pockets. Step-by-step directions.
Place the pockets seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Beat the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; brush the pockets with the egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
More Recipes and Ideas:
Croque Monsieur Style Monte Cristo Croutons with Frisee Salad and Shallot Vinaigrette, Croque Monsieurs a la Rachelle My take on French grilled cheese and ham sammys, Veal Pockets in the Style of Valle d'Aosta: Portafoglie alla Valdostana, Easy Breakfast, Easy Pasta, Easy Lunch, Easy Slow Cooking, Easy Tilapia, Easy Side Dish
Thank you! your flag was submitted.