Egg-and-Bean Dinner Salad
- 6 large eggs
- 1 to 2 bunches baby turnips, trimmed and quartered, or 4 medium turnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 heads endive, chopped
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1/2 head escarole or frisee, torn
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 14 -ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Put the eggs and turnips in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Remove the eggs but keep the turnips in the hot water, covered, until tender, 2 to 3 more minutes. Peel the eggs and cut into quarters.
Toss the endive, lettuce, escarole, celery and beans in a large
bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the eggs and turnip mixture and gently toss again.
Per serving: Calories 399; Fat 27 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 345 mg; Sodium 222 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 16 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.