- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 ounces Gouda cheese, (rind trimmed), shredded
- 4 ounces aged Gouda cheese, (rind trimmed), shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Cubed or torn bread, boiled small red potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and/or sliced apples or pears
Combine wine and lemon juice in a small pot over medium heat. Toss together both cheeses and cornstarch in a large bowl. When the wine comes to a boil, slowly add the cheese and cornstarch mixture, whisking continuously until smooth. Season with nutmeg and cayenne. Transfer to a small slow cooker set to low and serve with the selection of dippers. Fondue should hold on low setting for up to 1 hour.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.