Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Mojo
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- 2 (5 to 6-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the garlic and olive in a small microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic, and microwave on HIGH until the garlic is soft and aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro leaves, and salt. Set aside until ready to serve.
Prepare an outdoor grill to medium high heat. Brush the fillets all over with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Lay the fish on the grill, rounded-side down, and leave it until you can lift the fish without it sticking to the grill and there are distinct grill marks, about 5 minutes. (Test it by gently lifting a corner--if it sticks, cook it a bit longer and try again). Carefully turn the fish over and cook until firm to the touch, about another 5 minutes. Remove from the grill onto 2 plates, and brush with some of the mojo. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with the sauce.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.