Grilled Pork Steaks With Zucchini Couscous
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Harissa or hot sauce, to taste
- Kosher salt
- 1 1 1/4 -pound pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into wedges
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat a grill to medium. Cook the couscous as the label directs. Mix the yogurt, harissa, 1 tablespoon water, and salt to taste.
Slice the pork almost in half lengthwise, stopping about 1/2 inch from the bottom, then open like a book. Cover with plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy-bottomed skillet until the pork is about 3/8 inch thick. Remove the plastic. Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste, then rub all over the pork.
Toss the zucchini with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Grill, turning once, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and chop.
Grill the pork, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
Toss the couscous, zucchini, tomato, lemon juice, parsley, the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Cut the pork into 4 pieces and serve with the couscous and yogurt sauce.
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis