Grilled Tuna With Mojo
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 1/2 to 1 small fresh jalapeno or serrano chile
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- Handful fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 4 limes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (12-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Steamed green beans, for serving, optional
1. Heat an outdoor grill or a stovetop grill pan to medium-high.
2. Halve chile lengthwise, remove stem, and scrape out seeds.(For maximum heat, do not remove seeds.) Thinly slice chile and set aside.
3. Stir garlic and olive oil together in a medium microwave-safe bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and microwave on HIGH until garlic is soft and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Stir in chile, lime juice, cilantro, and 1 teaspoon salt to hot oil. Set mojo aside to cool until ready to serve.
4. Brush tuna with olive oil and season generously with about 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste. Grill, turning once, until distinct grill marks are seared into fish, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or 4 to 6 minutes for medium-well. Let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Slice each tuna steak in half, divide among plates, and drizzle with some of mojo. Serve with green beans and any remaining sauce on the side.