Grilled Tuna With Mojo
- 1/2 to 1 small fresh jalapeno or serrano chile
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- Handful fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 4 limes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (12-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Steamed green beans, for serving, optional
1. Heat an outdoor grill or a stovetop grill pan to medium-high.
2. Halve chile lengthwise, remove stem, and scrape out seeds.(For maximum heat, do not remove seeds.) Thinly slice chile and set aside.
3. Stir garlic and olive oil together in a medium microwave-safe bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and microwave on HIGH until garlic is soft and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Stir in chile, lime juice, cilantro, and 1 teaspoon salt to hot oil. Set mojo aside to cool until ready to serve.
4. Brush tuna with olive oil and season generously with about 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste. Grill, turning once, until distinct grill marks are seared into fish, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or 4 to 6 minutes for medium-well. Let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Slice each tuna steak in half, divide among plates, and drizzle with some of mojo. Serve with green beans and any remaining sauce on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.