Jicama Tabbouleh and Chicken Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
The Chopped Dinner Challenge for this week was jicama. To highlight its bright flavor and crunchy raw texture, we pulsed it to make the[ base of this tabbouleh-like salad. Chopped Basket Ingredient: jicama]
- 1 3/4 pound jicama, peeled
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and finely ground black pepper
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Cut the jicama into chunks, and then pulse in the food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
In the same processor carafe, pulse the parsley and mint until finely chopped. Add to the jicama along with the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
Stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and rub all over chicken.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Grill the chicken, turning, until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Let the chicken rest 5 minutes.
Serve, topped with the jicama tabbouleh.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.