Linguini with White Clam Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 16 min
- 14 min
- 1 pound dry linguini
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons more
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 36 littleneck clams
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Fried Zucchini coins, for garnish, recipe follows
- Fried Zucchini Coins:
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick coins
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Boil pasta until al dente (tender but not mushy).
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until soft but not brown, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Add wine and water; increase heat to high. Add clams, cover, and cook, shaking pan periodically, until all clams are opened, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Drain pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Toss with remaining 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, if desired. Pour clam sauce over pasta, add parsley, and toss. Season with salt, to taste. Divide among heated bowls and serve immediately, garnished with Fried Zucchini Coins, if desired.
1. Line a dish with paper towels and set aside.
2. Whisk cornmeal, flour, basil, salt, cayenne, and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl. Beat eggs in another bowl.
3. Heat 1/4-inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
4. Working in small batches, toss zucchini in egg and shake off excess Dredge in cornmeal mixture. Add zucchini to oil, and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon to prepared plate. Season with salt, cool slightly and serve.
Total Fat: 35.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 70 grams
Protein: 20 grams
Sodium: 1344 milligrams
Cholesterol: 89 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 13 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Sodium: 351 milligrams
Cholesterol: 71 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram