Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar, like cider, balsamic, or red wine
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried herbs, like thyme, oregano, rosemary, or crumbled bay leaf
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mustard, whole grain or Dijon
- 1 to 2 teaspoon garlic or onion powder, optional
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, each about 6 ounces
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Put the vinegar, herbs, mustard, powders if using and oil in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Close the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients. Open the bag, drop in the chicken breast in the bag. Close and shake the bag to coat evenly. Freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, under cold, running water, or in the microwave at 30 percent power for 1 minute at a time.
Heat a grill or grill pan. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. You can also bake the thawed chicken in a 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
From Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp