Quinoa Salad with Apricots, Basil and Pistachios
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
This easy-to-make salad is packed with fiber (thanks to the quinoa) and flavor-we love the combination of sweet, tangy and peppery. The[ soft and creamy goat cheese is the perfect topping.]
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and strained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 dried apricots, finely diced, or 1/2 cup packed golden seedless raisins
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups packed baby arugula (about 5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup shelled lightly salted pistachios
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Stir in the quinoa. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook until the liquid is just absorbed and the quinoa is moist and nearly tender, about 15 minutes.
Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and immediately stir in the oil, apricots, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside to cool slightly, about 20 minutes, stirring a couple times. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.