Rummy Pineapple Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
From Food Network Kitchens
The caramel notes of the dark rum and the sweetness from the pineapple make this salsa completely addictive.
- 1/2 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 green jalapeno, finely diced (seeded depending on desired spiciness)
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Add the coriander and cumin to a small skillet and heat over medium heat. Swirl until the seeds are golden and slightly fragrant, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly, and finely grind in a spice grinder.
Combine the spices with the cilantro, rum, jalapeno, onions, red pepper, pineapple, lime juice and zest in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
For a slightly thicker salsa, remove a heaping 1/2 cup of the finished product and put in a food processor. Pulse until thickened, then stir back into the salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.