Seared Tilapia with Asparagus and Spicy Mint Gremolata
- 2 pounds thin, tender asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound total), halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus 4 teaspoons oil for drizzling
1. Put a steamer basket in a large pot over 1-inch of boiling salted water. Add the asparagus; cover and steam until it is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. In a small dish, stir together the mint, garlic, lemon zest and pepper flakes.
3. Brush the tilapia with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 tilapia fillets to hot pan; cook, turning once, until opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining tilapia.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories 230; Total Fat 10.5g (Sat Fat 2g, Mono Fat 7g, Poly Fat 1g) ; Protein 28g; Carb 9g; Fiber 5g; Cholesterol 57mg; Sodium 184mg
Cooking the tilapia in a very hot nonstick skillet ensures only a small amount of oil is needed. Using fresh herbs and citrus as a topping with just a drizzle of heart healthy oil to finish packs big flavor.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.