Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 15 min
- 10 min
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti or Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1 -inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Kirby cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 6 scallions (white and green parts), sliced
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt boiling water, add pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water, transfer to a large bowl and toss with sesame oil.
2. Chop garlic and ginger in a blender. With motor running, add peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and red pepper and blend until smooth. Blend in 1/4 cup water. Pour over reserved spaghetti and toss to distribute.
3. Top pasta with cucumber, chicken, scallions, and peanuts to serve.
Total Fat: 20 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 71 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Sodium: 1324 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Fiber: 5 grams