Spiced Maple Sausage Patties
- 1 3/4 pounds ground pork (not lean)
- 1 small onion, grated and squeezed dry
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Mix the pork, onion, garlic, sage, thyme, syrup, paprika, allspice, coriander, cayenne, 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper with your hands. Form into 18 patties, 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick; put on a foil-lined baking sheet, cover and chill overnight.
The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of the patties, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet. Wipe out the skillet. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and patties, then transfer the patties to the oven to finish cooking, 5 to 10 minutes.
Photograph by Tina Rupp
Thank you! your flag was submitted.