Thai Peanut Noodles with Confetti
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
The bell peppers act kind of like part of the noodles while keeping calorie in check and boosting both serving size and nutritional benefit[. If desired, serve with naturally-brewed soy sauce on the side.]
- 1/3 cup bottled all-natural Thai peanut sauce, such as Annie Chun's
- 1 to 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 6 ounces frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 large red bell peppers, very thinly sliced into long strips
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (do not chop)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted black or white sesame seeds
- Lime wedges, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in the noodles, edamame and bell peppers and cook according to the noodle package directions, or about 4 minutes. Drain the noodles and vegetables. Rinse under cold water to cool; drain well. Transfer to the bowl with the peanut sauce and toss to evenly combine.
Top with the cilantro leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature topped with lime wedges for squeezing.