- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound 99%-lean ground turkey
- 1 10 -ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, for serving
Puree half of the onion, 2 tablespoons water, the ginger, garlic, curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor until almost smooth; set aside. Mix the yogurt with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl; set aside.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the remaining onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Add the onion-spice mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until dry, about 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the spinach and the yogurt mixture. Cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve over rice with more yogurt and topped with cilantro.
Photograph by Justin Walker
Recipe Courtesy of Food Network Magazine