- 1 1/2 pounds skinless yellowtail fillet, cut in 4 equal pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons blanched julienne cut citrus zests (any combination, lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit and yuzu)
- 2 tablespoons julienne cut ginger
- 3 ounces red wine
- 4 to 6 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 to 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the yellowtail with salt and pepper, to taste. Preheat a nonstick, ovenproof skillet, coated with the olive oil. Add the yellowtail, flesh side down, and cook until brown, about 2 or 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and put the skillet into the oven for 5 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the fish to a warm platter. Pour any excess oil from the pan. Add the green onions, tomato, citrus zest and ginger and saute, over low heat, for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine and deglaze the skillet. Reduce the liquid by half, and then add the heavy cream. Reduce until lightly thickened. Whisk in the butter, lime juice and parsley. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve.