- 2 cups water
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups (100 percent) apple juice (recommended: Martinelli's)
- 1 cup Mint Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup sparkling water, chilled
Garnish: fresh mint sprigs, optional
In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 6 minutes. Remove the tea bags and cool the tea to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Pour the cooled tea into a large pitcher. Add the apple juice, Mint Simple Syrup and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, add the sparkling water and pour the punch into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
Mint Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packed cup fresh mint leaves