Apricot and Pineapple Crisps
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1 cup (6 ounces) quartered dried apricots
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cook oats
- 1 stick unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Special equipment: 4 (10-ounce) ramekins, each 2 1/2 inches tall and 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 4 (10-ounce) ramekins with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
For the topping: In a food processor, combine the flour, oats, butter, sugar, pecans, and salt. Pulse together until the butter is the size of peas.
Spoon the topping over the filling mixture. Place the ramekins on a small baking sheet and bake until golden and the filling is bubbling, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis