Asparagus with Vin Santo Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups vin santo (about 375 milliliters)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottom ends trimmed
- 6 leaves of Bibb lettuce
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, reduce the vin santo to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the reduced vin santo, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine, making sure the mustard is fully dissolved. While whisking slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus. Cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a bowl filled with ice water and let cool, about 3 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry with paper towels.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis