Black Forbidden Rice with Peaches and Snap Peas
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups black forbidden rice (recommended: Lotus Foods)
- 1 (1 1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups (8 ounces) snap peas, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
For the rice: In a medium saucepan, bring the water, rice, ginger, and salt to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan, and cook until the rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and place in a large serving bowl.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the snap peas and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the peach slices and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the peas and peaches to the serving bowl.
For the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, honey, and soy sauce until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri