Blueberry and Thyme Collins
- 1 1/3 cups apple-thyme simple syrup, recipe follows
- 1 cup gin (recommended: Bombay Sapphire)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- Club soda, chilled
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Special equipment: a 2 1/2 cup-capacity martini shaker
- Apple-Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 20 (4-inch) long sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 100 percent apple juice (recommended: Martinelli's)
In a pitcher, combine the syrup, gin and lemon juice. Refrigerate for 2 hours. To serve, add ice and half of the gin mixture to a martini shaker. Add 2 tablespoons of blueberry jam. Shake well and pour into ice-filled Collins glasses. Add a splash of club soda and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs. Repeat with remaining ingredients.Apple-Thyme Simple Syrup:
Gently crush the thyme sprigs and put them in a small saucepan. Add the sugar and apple juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 30 minutes. Strain before using.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.