Fennel Slaw with Prosciutto and Pistachio Pesto
- Pistachio Pesto:
- 2 cups (lightly packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup shelled and toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fennel Slaw:
- 4 to 5 (about 3 1/2 pounds) fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
For the Pistachio Pesto: Combine the parsley, pistachios, thyme, and garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor; blend until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil, processing until well blended. Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the Fennel Slaw: Place the fennel in a large serving bowl. Add the pesto and toss to coat well. Tear the prosciutto into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl. Gently toss to combine. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2008