Grilled Mini Pork Skewers
- 3/4 cup cream sherry, such as Bristol Cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One 1-pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 34 to 30 (3/4-inch) cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 Belgian endive spear, separated into 8 to 10 leaves
- Special equipment: eight to ten 4-inch wooden skewers
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sherry, lemon juice, oregano, paprika, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the garlic.
Place the pork in a medium glass bowl. Pour half of the marinade over the pork. Add the oil and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Add the cream, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes.
Spray a grill pan or grilling rack with nonstick spray. Place the grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Remove the pork from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Thread 3 pieces of pork onto each skewer. Grill the skewers until the pork is golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Place a skewer in each endive leaf. Drizzle the skewers with sauce and serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay