Herb Coated Goat Cheese
- 36 (1/2-inch-thick) slices baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11-ounce) log soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or Meyer lemon olive oil
- Fresh herb sprigs, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange the bread slices on 2 heavy baking sheets. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the bread slices. Bake until the crostini are pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir the herbs, lemon zest, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Using about 2 teaspoons of cheese for each, form the goat cheese into 1-inch diameter balls. Roll the cheese balls in the herb mixture to coat completely. Arrange the cheese balls on a platter. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil over and around the cheese balls. Serve with the crostini. Garnish with herb sprigs.
The crostini and cheese balls can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store the crostini in an airtight container at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate the cheese balls.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis