- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup water, plus extra, as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, rosemary, and thyme in the bowl of an upright mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix on low speed until incorporated, about 2 minutes. With the machine running, slowly add the water until the mixture forms a dough, adding more water, if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Form into disc shapes and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each piece of dough into an 8 to 10-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Brush each circle with olive oil and grill for 4 minutes each side. Remove the flatbread from the grill and cool slightly before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen